[LLVMdev] CallInst API Changes Ready [was: Re: llvm-gcc-4-2 development branch is open]

David Greene dag at cray.com
Wed Jul 11 16:55:38 PDT 2007

On Wednesday 11 July 2007 17:03, Devang Patel wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> llvm-gcc-4-2 development branch is now open for development at
>
> 	llvm.org/svn/llvm-project/llvm-gcc-4-2
>
> It is not yet ready, it can not even bootstrap. I welcome LLVM
> developers to test and apply fixes!

How does this relate to the current llvm-gcc?  Is that version still going to
be added to the llvm svn repository?

I ask because I'm ready to commit the CallInst interface changes and it
will break llvm-gcc.  There is no way to preserve the interfaces llvm-gcc
needs because there are three places in the llvm-gcc code where
the old interface conflicts with the new one (passing two Value*'s vs.
passing two iterators to a template function).

Again: when I commit the CallInst changes it will break llvm-gcc, and
there's no way to avoid that.

I can send an llvm-gcc patch for someone to apply, or if the current llvm-gcc
is going to be put under subversion soon I can wait for that and commit
the changes myself.  Either way, we will want the CallInst and llvm-gcc
changes to happen as close together in time as possible to minimize the
chance of disrupting someone's work.

                                                   -Dave