[LLVMdev] Accounting for stack space

Sandro Magi naasking at gmail.com
Tue Jul 10 11:47:29 PDT 2007

On 7/10/07, Chris Lattner <sabre at nondot.org> wrote:
> On Sun, 8 Jul 2007, Sandro Magi wrote:
> > How about if I were to use LLVM's JIT? I suspect plenty of allocations
> > are performed in the JIT.
>
> The JIT does a ton of heap allocation.  There is no way to approximate it
> from the code you give it.

I don't need to approximate it, but I'd like to be able to track it,
in the sense of being able to measure the heap allocations as they are
being performed.

For instance, is it possible to entirely replace the malloc/free
called by the LLVM libraries with my own implementation? This would
achieve my goals, as I'm not against heap allocations, I just need to
be able to measure them.

Sandro