[LLVMdev] OK, how does this work?

Al Stone ahs3 at fc.hp.com
Tue Jan 16 07:30:35 PST 2007

On Tue, 2007-01-16 at 10:24 +0800, Michael T. Richter wrote:
> I'm trying to get LLVM1.9 working on my Ubuntu 6.10 system.  The LLVM
> version in the repositories is 1.7 and I've never managed to get it
> successfully working because whoever packaged it thought it would be
> fun to rename everything.  This means I can't use it to build 1.9 and
> I've therefore decided to try bootstrapping a 1.9 build.

Eh?  As the one that did the packaging for Debian (which is what I
assume you're talking about), I'm a bit puzzled.  LLVM 1.8 is in the
Debian unstable archive; 1.9 I haven't done just 'cause I'm getting
back from vacation still.  And, the whole thing builds from source
tarballs (at least for me, it does...).

I don't recall renaming anything -- I don't remember what I had for
breakfast, either, so that may not mean much :).  If I did, though, let
me know what that was; locations had to change to be consistent with
Debian policy but it's not clear that's what's being referred to...

--
Ciao,
al
E-mail: ahs3 at fc.hp.com                        ahs3 at debian.org