[LLVMdev] Ada support for llvm-gcc4

Duncan Sands baldrick at free.fr
Thu Jan 11 13:29:20 PST 2007

> It would be useful to know what motivated this work -- in particular,
> is some organization (company, open source project team, research
> group, any other kind) interested in having an Ada front-end?  Thanks,

Hi Vikram, I'm doing this on my own time, for fun.  If, however, it proves
to be successful, I suppose ACT (Ada Core Technologies, the company that
maintains the Ada front-end) might become interested (they have already
ported the Ada front-end to a number of different backends, most recently
.net).  A number of open-source Ada guys I know have expressed an interest
in playing with it.  And lurking around in the back of my mind is the
possibility that my own company (which has a lot of Ada code) might find
it useful.  But for the moment I'm just testing the water.

Best wishes,

Duncan.