[LLVMdev] using dsa from llvm-poolalloc

Tanya M. Lattner tonic at nondot.org
Tue Feb 13 10:41:30 PST 2007

> I recommend that you stick with the release_19 branch of both llvm and
> llvm-poolalloc.  I and others are actively using these branches, so
> llvm-poolalloc bug fixes will most likely be made to this branch in
> addition to mainline CVS for the forseeable future.  The release_19
> branch of llvm-poolalloc is designed to always work with the release_19
> branch of LLVM, which has a fixed API and bytecode format.

I did not realize that you guys were checking in changes to the release_19
branch. I have to disagree with this as release_19 is supposed to match
the release 1.9 that we have on our website. This release has been tested
on all platforms (that we support) and by changing the files in CVS I can
no longer guarantee that same level of quality if someone checks out
release_19. We do allow and suggest that people check out the release_19
from CVS (in the Getting Started Guide) so they should be getting the same
files as in the tar.

I would suggest creating your own branch if you do not plan to keep up
with mainline cvs.

In the future, I would hope that you would talk to me (the Release
Manager) or email the list about changes to the policy regarding the
release branches.

-Tanya