[LLVMdev] this file was developed by ...

Henrik Bach henrik_bach_llvm at hotmail.com
Sun Dec 16 06:49:11 PST 2007

Hi

> > Does anyone have a problem with changing this to:
> >
> > // This file is distributed under the University of Illinois
> > Open Source // License. See LICENSE.TXT for details.
> >
> > And leaving this whole business to our friendly version
> > control system (e.g. svn annotate), which has the perfect
> > answer all the time?
>
> Certainly I don't have a problem, I just want to point out a
> situation that might be a problem:
>
> Consider someone who submits a whole file, but doesn't have SVN
> commit access. So another one commits the file. When you now
> use "svn blame file", you'll see the name of the committer, not
> the name of the author.

What about leaving an optional contributors line before/after the distribution text, e.g.:

// Code in this file is contributed by: mmhjm dsse, jhiuiui hjh, and lkjaa dfdf,

// and is distributed under the University of Illinois Open Source

// License. See LICENSE.TXT for details.

- OR -

// This file is distributed under the University of Illinois Open Source
// License. See LICENSE.TXT for details.

// Code in this file adheres to the licensing terms and is
// contributed by: <List of authors>

-Henrik.