[LLVMdev] Compile Linux Kernel with LLVM gcc frontend

Haifeng He hehaifeng2nd at gmail.com
Fri Aug 31 15:11:06 PDT 2007

Hi,

I am curious about if the current LLVM implementation can handle Linux
kernel (or any particular version of Linux kernel).  The first question I have
is that, how to create LLVM bytecode of Linux kernel using LLVM
gcc frontend. What changes should I make to the compiling process
Linux kernel?

Secondly, is it possible to compile the assembly code in Linux kernel into LLVM
bytecode? I noticed that llvm-as is for LLVM assembly code only. Is
there a LLVM assembly frontend for x86 assembly code?

Thanks

Haifeng