[LLVMdev] Turning on exception handling codegen

Chris Lattner sabre at nondot.org
Fri Aug 24 10:31:17 PDT 2007

On Fri, 24 Aug 2007, Duncan Sands wrote:
> Right now llvm-gcc generates exception handling intrinsics,
> but actual eh codegen (--enable-eh) is turned off.  On
> x86-linux, turning it on generates no new failures in the
> testsuite,

Woo hoo!

> The problem is likely to be PPC which claims to support eh but doesn't
> support it completely yet AFAIK.  I suggest setting
> SupportsExceptionHandling to false for PPC until it is fixed.

Done.

> so how about turning it on?

It sounds good, but I'm concerned about darwin/x86.  Bill, can you see how
well darwin/x86 is doing these days?  If there are no regressions from
turning this on by default, we should do it. :)

If there are darwin/x86 failures, we should set SupportsExceptionHandling
to true only for the linux/x86 subtarget.

> I think it is important to have eh work in the next
> release, which means turning on eh codegen in the
> near future.  I'd rather turn it on sooner than
> later, so it gets more testing.

I agree, congrats for getting this working!

-Chris

--
http://nondot.org/sabre/
http://llvm.org/