[LLVMdev] Debugger for Register Allocation

Fernando Magno Quintao Pereira fernando at CS.UCLA.EDU
Sat Aug 18 11:53:37 PDT 2007

On Fri, 17 Aug 2007, Evan Cheng wrote:

> Also, it seems to make more sense to dump the info at the end of the
> register allocation pass. Is there any particular reason for you to
> add it to the spiller instead?

I think so. The problem is that any value in smira format is a binding
(physical-location, virtual-variable) and this information is always
available for the spiller. After the spiller runs, you only have physical
registers in each instruction.

Fernando