[LLVMdev] Choosing Alias Analysis

David Greene dag at cray.com
Mon Aug 13 13:18:48 PDT 2007

On Monday 13 August 2007 12:19, Devang Patel wrote:

> > And here it is.  It seems to work well.  Should I commit it?
>
> Is this the complete patch ?

Well, it's not a properly formatted patch, or course, but it is all of the
code that's needed.

> As I understand you want to add llvm-gcc command line option, -
> register-coalescing=<value> where value is either simple or
> conservative or whatever.

No, this isn't for llvm-gcc _per_se_.  It's for anyone that wants to register
some passes as command line options but not others.  It could be used
by a wide variety of tools.  One of those could be llvm-gcc, but that's for
someone else to do.

> In this case you need to get this through llvm-gcc's (i.e. GCC's)
> command line options processing. So, why not take advantage of GCC's
> command line processing setup ?

Because this isn't targeted only at gcc.  I don't even have a modified
llvm-gcc.  I'm putting this to use in another tool.

                                     -Dave