[LLVMdev] Minor issue installing llvm-gcc-4.0

Kay Roepke kroepke at classdump.org
Sun Aug 12 14:07:48 PDT 2007

Hi!

While trying to build HLVM using the trunk of today, I noticed that I
couldn't get llvm-gcc-4.0 installed by simply doing ./install llvm-
gcc-4.0
in llvm-top.

I did a fresh checkout of llvm-top and pulled some other modules by
doing

./get VERBOSE=1 PREFIX=/Users/kroepke/Projects/llvm llvm-gcc-4.0 core
support cfe hlvm test-suite

Afterwards I did:
./build llvm
and
./install llvm

which left me with LLVM's libraries and tools in llvm-top/installed
But I was missing the llvm-gcc-4.0 binaries, which didn't even get
installed
after issuing ./install llvm-gcc-4.0 in llvm-top.

I had to manually do a 'make install' in llvm-top/build.llvm-gcc-4.0/ to
get it into ./installed/

Also, I noticed that I ended up with a separate copy of llvm-gcc-4.0 in
llvm-top/llvm/ which apparently got checked out while building llvm.
Checking with lsof and netstat (combined with the huge time delay the
checkout
of gcc implied) confirmed there was a second checkout going on.

Is this expected, or is it a minor flaw in the build scripts?

Thanks,

-k
--
Kay Röpke