[LLVMdev] Choosing Alias Analysis

David Greene dag at cray.com
Thu Aug 9 14:22:43 PDT 2007

On Thursday 09 August 2007 15:56, Devang Patel wrote:
> On Aug 9, 2007, at 1:52 PM, David Greene wrote:
> > So how do I get opt to use Andersens instead of basicaa, for example?
>
> Following uses basic alias analysis
>
> 	$ opt -licm foo.bc -disable-output -debug-pass=Structure
>
> where as
>
> 	$ opt -anders-aa -licm foo.bc -disable-output -debug-pass=Structure
>
> uses Andersens analysis algorithm implementation.

Heh.  opt was a particularly bad choice for an example on my part.  It has
special code to provide options for all of the optimizations:

  // The OptimizationList is automatically populated with registered Passes by
  // the PassNameParser.
  //
  static cl::list<const PassInfo*, bool, PassNameParser>
  PassList(cl::desc("Optimizations available:"));

A better question to ask is, how do I do this with llvm-gcc?  My perusal of
the code doesn't turn up any obvious places for options for alias analysis
are registered.

                                           -Dave