[LLVMdev] LLVM developer's meeting session availabilty online

Jakob Praher jp at hapra.at
Sat Apr 21 04:06:13 PDT 2007

hi all,

I am sorry but i can not attend the developer's meeting. But reading
through the page it sounds like a very interesting venue. So it would be
a great thing if we could have slides as pdfs available on the web site.

thanks in advance

-- Jakob

ps: it is funny that most compiler suites are not named after something
very interesting. gcc, icc, ... are all something like xxx compiler
collection. IMHO naming it something like VisualStudio or Sun Workshop
is not really a great idea as well. Further I think the name, while
beeing abstract, should resemble the functionality of the thing. Having
used LLVM for my diploma thesis (which I post here soon), I know that
advertising a new platform is more difficult the less expressive a name
is. Having had the name LLVM made it easier for me to advertise this
project as having a V-ISA for program representation. But I am keen on
seeing good names for the project.