[LLVMdev] Found Broken gcc?

David Greene greened at obbligato.org
Fri Apr 20 18:14:37 PDT 2007

We've been using gcc 4.1.1 to compile here (yes, I know the
llvm instructions claim 4.1.1 triggers a concept check error,
but it doesn't for me).

Anyway, I got some interesting behavior when trying to run
llvm-test.  Apparently, gcc 4.1.1 horribly miscompiles a
bunch of the sse tests as many segfault upon execution.

Anyone else seeing this?  If no one's tried it, consider this
a heads-up.

So I'm building gcc 4.1.2 now.  Anyone had luck with that
version?  If you're wondering why my regalloc refactoring
changes are taking a while, wonder no longer.  :-/

                               -Dave