[LLVMdev] Wiki

Alkis Evlogimenos ('Αλκης Ευλογημένος) alkis at evlogimenos.com
Mon Apr 16 03:32:42 PDT 2007

You can get one for free on code.google.com. It comes as part of code
hosting. Authentication/authorization for both wiki and svn is
governed by the same credentials as given by the project owner(s) (the
wiki is driven by the same svn repo as the code). So even hosting svn
there might be a good thing .

On 4/14/07, Reid Spencer <rspencer at reidspencer.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 2007-04-13 at 17:11 -0500, Vikram S. Adve wrote:
> > TSG (our support group) is going to set up a Wiki on zion so that
> > access can be checked against a list of some sort.
>
> What does that mean exactly?  Will the users be authenticated? If not,
> this isn't acceptable .. spam.
>
> What wiki is being set up?
>
> > It should happen
> > by early next week, perhaps sooner (not likely).
>
> Okay, that's good. The Subversion stuff is more important.
>

> > They actually have a central departmental Wiki and created an LLVM
> > space there already, but that cannot be made accessible to non-UIUC
> > people without creating an account for each person.  They have a
> > policy of not setting up individual Wikis but had to make an
> > exception for us.
>
> I guess we're just exceptional :)
>
> Reid
>

> > --Vikram
> > http://www.cs.uiuc.edu/~vadve
> > http://llvm.cs.uiuc.edu/
> >

> > On Apr 13, 2007, at 9:49 AM, Reid Spencer wrote:
> >
> > > Thanks for the generous offer, but this is already happening at
> > > UIUC. I
> > > was just venting some frustration at the manual process of hacking
> > > HTML
> > > files and committing them (seems archaic for 21st century web site)
> > > and
> > > throwing a little fun Vikram's way.  I just asked him for the wiki a
> > > couple days ago :)

Alkis