[LLVMdev] [llvm-commits] CVS: llvm/lib/Transforms/Hello/Makefile

Chris Lattner sabre at nondot.org
Fri Apr 13 12:39:36 PDT 2007

On Fri, 13 Apr 2007, Devang Patel wrote:
>> I think libhello should drop its use of SlowOperationInformer.
>
> That'll fix Hello example. However, anyone trying to load their custom
> pass will likely to run into this again.

It is a long-standing issue.  The deal is that libsupport (and many
others) are .a files.  If one of the .o files in the .a file is used by a
plugin, but not by the tool, they will get link errors.  There isn't a
good solution to this, I'd rather keep libhello as a santity test rather
than a test for a complete solution.  :)

For any specific client, they can do things to link the needed .o files
in.  For example, we could make opt reference a symbol in
slowoperationinformer.  I don't think it's important enough to do this
though.

-Chris

--
http://nondot.org/sabre/