[LLVMdev] Regalloc Refactoring

Fernando Magno Quintao Pereira fernando at CS.UCLA.EDU
Thu Apr 12 15:41:40 PDT 2007

> I'm definitely interested in improving coalescing and it sounds like
> this would fall under that work.  Do you have references to papers
> that talk about the various algorithms?

Some suggestions:

@InProceedings{Budimlic02,
   AUTHOR     = {Zoran Budimlic and Keith D. Cooper and Timothy J. Harvey
and Ken Kennedy and Timothy S. Oberg and Steven W. Reeves},
   YEAR       = "2002",
   TITLE      = "Fast copy coalescing and live-range identification",
   BOOKTITLE  = "PLDI",
   PAGES      = "25-32",
   PUBLISHER  = "ACM Press"
}

@InProceedings{Sreedhar99,
   AUTHOR     = "Vugranam C. Sreedhar and Roy Dz-ching Ju and David M.
Gillies and Vatsa Santhanam",
   YEAR       = 1999,
   TITLE      = "Translating out of Static Single Assignment Form",
   booktitle  = {SAS},
   publisher  = {Springer-Verlag},
   pages      = {194-210}
}

And I have a quite fast algo that I believe is simpler than [Budimlic02]
and I can share it with you :)

Fernando