[LLVMdev] Compiler name: Nāga

Vikram S. Adve vadve at uiuc.edu
Thu Apr 12 11:25:53 PDT 2007

FWIW, Naga means serpent in Sanskrit and is used as a short form for
Nagaraja, a king of snakes in Hindu mythology:
	http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nagaraja
The seven-headed dragon theme seems more relevant for our purposes,
though!

I should clarify that I haven't yet formed an opinion on specific
name suggestions (partly because I haven't yet read most of them!).

--Vikram
http://www.cs.uiuc.edu/~vadve
http://llvm.cs.uiuc.edu/