[LLVMdev] cvs opt broken?

Reid Spencer rspencer at reidspencer.com
Mon Apr 9 22:53:10 PDT 2007

Hi Ryan,

On Tue, 2007-04-10 at 00:12 -0500, Ryan M. Lefever wrote:
> I checked out llvm from cvs & llvm-gcc from svn last night and again
> tonight.  Each time they compiled and installed fine.  After installing
> them, I recompiled compiler transforms I had written for opt.  opt seems
> to load the my transform libraries fine, but it complains:
>
> opt: Unknown command line argument '-mytransform'

> whenever I try to specify one of my transforms on the opt command line.

Please see PR1317 and PR1318. I believe you're running into the same
issue. Briefly, the issue is that option processing has changed to not
be so oriented towards static initialization time. This has changed the
order of things and now your option is not recognized because it hasn't
been registered properly.

>   I checked the names of the transforms and they are correct.  In
> addition, I did a opt --help and my transforms were lisetd.

Yes, this isn't your bug.

> So, I switched back to a version of llvm & llvm-gcc from about a month
> ago, and opt recognizes and runs my transforms.  Did something change
> with opt?

These are probably the result of changes to the CommandLine.cpp file in
the last few days. All LLVM tools use a common facility for processing
command line options.

> Did something change with the way transforms are registered
> with opt?

No, the registration mechanism is the same.

Reid.