[LLVMdev] LLVM build

Tanya M. Lattner tonic at nondot.org
Tue Apr 3 15:16:57 PDT 2007

> Could you tell me what would be stable version of LLVM and LLVM gcc
> frontend?

The last release of LLVM amd llvm-gcc was 1.9. However, there have been
many improvements since then. You could try 1.9 depending upon what you
plan to do.

> I started from early last week to install LLVM compiler infrastructure on
> the following
> RedHat systems:
>
>  Linux version 2.6.9-5.ELsmp (bhcompile at decompose.build.redhat.com) (gcc
> version
> 3.4.3 20041212 (Red Hat 3.4.3-9.EL4))
>
> I followed steps described in
> http://llvm.org/docs/GettingStarted.html#cvsdir
> However, no matter what I followed, I failed to build workable LLVM and
> LLVM-gcc  framework.
> I was able to configure and build LLVM without much trouble. However,
> LLVM-gcc installation
> turns out quite difficult for me. Any help or advise would be appreciated.
> Thanks,

Make sure you match llvm and llvm-gcc versions. Always use cvs for both,
or the same release number. Follow the directions exactly in llvm-gcc4's
README.LLVM when building llvm.

Post your problems to the list and we can try to help.

-Tanya