[LLVMdev] GCC_4.2.0 problem

Chris Lattner sabre at nondot.org
Thu Sep 28 11:59:39 PDT 2006

On Thu, 28 Sep 2006, Nick Lewycky wrote:
> Thanks for that workaround. What I've been doing is copying
> /lib/libgcc_s.so.1 over LLVM's copy and rebuilding xgcc.
>
> A long-term fix for this would be nice.

I'm not hitting this, so I'm relying on you guys to figure out what the
right solution is.

> Why does llvm-gcc build its own libgcc_s.so? Would we have the same
> problem if we tried to build FSF GCC 4.01, or is this problem LLVM-specific?

libgcc is part of the GCC distro.  My (possibly flawed) understanding of
the issue is that GCC generates code that contains calls into libgcc.
This means that any code compiled with llvm-gcc should used llvm-gcc's
libgcc.  It's quite possible that the GCC build is getting confused and
building cc1 with the system gcc but trying to use llvm-gcc's libgcc or
opposite.

-Chris

--
http://nondot.org/sabre/