[LLVMdev] dependent passes

Ryan M. Lefever lefever at crhc.uiuc.edu
Wed Sep 27 02:15:41 PDT 2006

I think that we are talking about two different things.  I understand
that in order to use LLVM classes you must either qualify them with the
llvm namespace or use the statement "using namespace llvm;"  What I'm
saying is that it has been my experience that when a pass Y depends on
another pass X, i.e, Y is a required analysis of X, then Y must be
defined within the llvm namespace rather than in an anonymous namespace
as http://llvm.org/docs/WritingAnLLVMPass.html suggests it should be.
I'm wondering if that is correct, or if I'm missing something.

Regards,
Ryan