[LLVMdev] Testing a register allocator

Anton Vayvod avayvod at gmail.com
Wed Sep 20 03:22:32 PDT 2006

> Are you using LLVM CVS?  If not, please update.

Yes, I'm using LLVM CVS. Updated a couple of hours ago.

  If so, please run 'make
> bugpoint-llc' in that directory and file a bug.  This is an instruction
> selector bug, not yours.  We'll be happy to fix it if it's not already
> fixed in LLVM CVS.

The test is running and I already have Segmentation Fault errors in
Regression/C++ tests and UnitTests. But make bugpoint-llc doesn't find any
targets in tests' obj directories.

I'll wait until error in some Application test occurs and will file a bug
then.

Interesting that these errors don't occur under Linux with the same CVS
version of LLVM (but using gcc 4.1.1 if this matters).

BTW, what's the difference between llc and llc-beta?

Thanks