[LLVMdev] Manipulate order of optimizations in llvm-ld

Reid Spencer rspencer at reidspencer.com
Mon Sep 18 12:34:43 PDT 2006

Hi Bram,

On Mon, 2006-09-18 at 17:27 +0200, Bram Adams wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've written a couple of passes, and I intend to use them using llvm-ld

That's good to hear :)

> However, I can't seem to figure out how to put
> them first, i.e. before all other optimizations (inlining,
> internalizing, ... should only kick in after my passes).

I don't think you can. llvm-ld's always going to give you at least a
verifier and TargetData pass.  See tools/llvm-ld/Optimize.cpp for the
details. If you pass --disable-opt it will put yours first, but then
you're responsible for doing the things that llvm-ld normally does.

> Omitting AnalysisUsage::setPreservesAll() doesn't help and there is no
> AnalysisUsage::invalidateAll(). Does anybody know a workaround?

--disable-opt or change Optimize.cpp :)

Reid.