[LLVMdev] Help with pass registration

Fernando Magno Quintao Pereira fernando at CS.UCLA.EDU
Fri Sep 8 22:16:59 PDT 2006

Dear guys,

    I have updated my LLVM to the top of CVS, and now I am getting
errors like this one below when I write new passes:

"llc: PassManagerT.h:387: void
llvm::PassManagerT<Trait>::markPassUsed(const llvm::PassInfo*,
llvm::Pass*) [with Trait = llvm::FTraits]: Assertion
`getAnalysisOrNullUp(P) &&
dynamic_cast<ImmutablePass*>(getAnalysisOrNullUp(P)) && "Pass available
but not found! " "Perhaps this is a module pass requiring a function
pass?"' failed."

Could someone give me pointers to know more about this type of errors? I
think I am not registering my new passes properly in the new llvm
distribution,
because I am getting this even if I try to write a very simple machine
function pass that only returns false and preserves all the other passes.

Thanks a lot,

Fernando