[LLVMdev] X86-64 support checked in

Chris Lattner sabre at nondot.org
Fri Sep 8 13:02:11 PDT 2006

On Fri, 8 Sep 2006, Evan Cheng wrote:
> Substitute appropriate strings for Linux, etc.

One other note... the code generator hasn't been tested on any targets
other than x86-64 on MacOS.  It's possible that minor porting work will be
needed to get PIC codegen or some other facet working on x86-64/linux.
However, it shouldn't be super-involved and we'll help if possible.

I *think* that the existing llvm-gcc4 will work on linux if configured
with an x86_64 target triple.  We're working on some configury stuff to
get x86-64-darwin support checked into llvm-gcc4, it might be a couple
days.

-Chris

--
http://nondot.org/sabre/