[LLVMdev] gfortran: patch, question

Michael McCracken michael.mccracken at gmail.com
Fri Sep 1 13:38:42 PDT 2006

On 9/1/06, Michael McCracken <michael.mccracken at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 9/1/06, Chris Lattner <sabre at nondot.org> wrote:
> > On Fri, 1 Sep 2006, Michael McCracken wrote:
[snip]
> Now f951 doesn't crash when compiling, but still can't compile the
> libgfortran files. It now finds some syntax errors in a generated file
> that's part of the intrinsics library.

That was a problem with an incomplete build. libgfortran now compiles
without error (although not without warnings...).

I'm now testing on a couple of simple examples.
gfortran+llvm compiles my simplest example into native code correctly.
There are some issues with a more complicated example, but at least
this is a start.

I can generate llvm asm and bytecode using --emit-llvm -[S,c], but I
can't run the resulting files in lli. I am guessing that I would need
to compile libgfortran as bytecode and link it with llvm-link to get
that to work, right? I don't need to do that just yet, although I will
want to be able to run that way eventually.

I also noticed that there doesn't seem to be a test suite for gfortran
in the source distribution. I'm going to start with the updated
version of the NIST F77 test suite (updated to conform to F95) that's
available from fortran-2000.com.

Thanks,
-mike

--