[LLVMdev] 1 Week before 1.9 Branch Creation

Tanya M. Lattner tonic at nondot.org
Mon Oct 30 10:54:39 PST 2006

LLVMers,

It is now 1 week before I will create the 1.9 release branch.

I'm asking that all platform maintainers and available llvm developers
review the nightly tester results. Please XFAIL any dejagnu tests that are
currently failing, fix any warnings, and review the results of the full
llvm test suite. If a test failure is determined to be something that
needs to be fixed before the release, please fix it or file a bugzilla
bug, and set the target to 1.9.

Any enhancements scheduled for the 1.9 release should go in ASAP. This
work should be completed before November 6th. Please try to avoid checking
in large changes right before the deadline.

I will be creating the 1.9 release branch on November 6th at 9:00PM PST.

Reminder of Release Schedule:

* October 30, 2006: Email sent out asking platform maintainers to XFAIL
   tests, check for regression/file bugs, and check in any final stuff for
   the release.
* November 6, 2006: Code freeze and release branch created. Documentation
   revisions.
* November 13, 2006: Pre-release online for testing
* November 20, 2006: Release

Thanks,
Tanya