[LLVMdev] lli in interpreter mode and external native libraries

Sarah Thompson thompson at email.arc.nasa.gov
Wed Oct 25 18:28:35 PDT 2006

Hi all,

Is there any way to support calling external libraries from interpreted
code (*not* JITted code) within lli?

I am looking at the external functions implementation, and it seems just
to wrap back onto its own library, looking up lli_X_... prefixed
functions. It would (for obvious reasons) be incredibly useful not to be
restricted to the (tiny) set of supplied functions.

Thank you in advance,
Sarah Thompson,
USRA/RIACS, NASA Ames Research Laboratory

PS: I'm attempting to extend the interpreter to implement threads
(mostly working), and will shortly attempt to rip out its state handling
in order to build an explicit state model checker. So far, it looks like
LLVM will do very nicely, and though supporting native code external
functions isn't essential for my purposes, it would be extremely useful.