[LLVMdev] [patch] [llvm-gcc4] fix bootstrap failure

Bill Wendling isanbard at gmail.com
Thu Nov 30 16:58:28 PST 2006

On 11/30/06, Rafael EspĂ­ndola <rafael.espindola at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 11/30/06, Andrew Lenharth <andrewl at lenharth.org> wrote:
> > The llvm_ostreams, which you take the address of go out of scope very
> > quickly, and are only stored by address in the bytecode writer, thus
> > the writers have a pointer to a stack allocated object they are to
> > write to.  This crashes.
>
> The attached version leaks :-)
> It is a work around. If I understand correctly, the ostream wrapper is
> also a temporary solution, so this might be acceptable.

Hey guys,

Notice that the llvm_ostream doesn't delete the ostream that you pass
into it. If you want to make sure that it's deleted, I think you'll
want to pass in "true" to the WriteBytecodePass so that it'll delete
the llvm_ostream. This won't affect the AsmOutFile, which gets deleted
at the end of the function...

-bw