[LLVMdev] LLVM Conference 2007 ?

Chris Lattner sabre at nondot.org
Wed Nov 29 11:36:11 PST 2006

On Wed, 29 Nov 2006, Tanya M. Lattner wrote:
>> * What you could offer (present a paper or topic, run a workshop, teach
>> a tutorial, etc.)
>
> My suggestion is that this conference must be able to offer something
> useful to the attendees. While its interesting to hear what other people
> are doing with LLVM, its probably more useful for people to have a hands
> on workshop to get help and insight on how to use LLVM. It should not be
> an academic conference where people submit papers and present them.

I think that having short and informal papers can be good (2-6 pages), but
rejecting papers doesn't seem necessary.  LLVMconf isn't going to be some
major respected academic conference even if we reject 90% of the papers
:).  The goal would be to get some chunk of the community together and
talking.

-Chris

--
http://nondot.org/sabre/