[LLVMdev] FP emulation (continued)

Chris Lattner sabre at nondot.org
Wed Nov 29 11:31:58 PST 2006

On Wed, 29 Nov 2006, Roman Levenstein wrote:
> Thanks, this is a good idea.
>
> But I cannot figure out how to make a machine function pass run
> _BEFORE_ the RA. I guess I'm missing something very obvious.

In your target's TargetMachine::addInstSelector method, add it to the pass
mgr right after your isel.

>  And BTW, it seems to me that currently new RA passes are not allowed
> to derive from the existing ones. If it is correct, why so? Wouldn't it
> be nice?

I'm not sure what you mean.  We don't expose linscan through a public
header, but a pass in the same .cpp file could subclass it.  We haven't
had a need to do this yet, so we don't have the provisions to do it.

-Chris

--
http://nondot.org/sabre/
http://llvm.org/