[LLVMdev] mingw binary is corrupt

SevenThunders mattcbro at earthlink.net
Tue Nov 28 10:43:34 PST 2006

Reid Spencer-2 wrote:

> Looks to me like you're not configured correctly. Either that or
> llvm-config doesn't know how to construct the objdir directory properly.
> That error message should have a path
> like: /.../Release/lib/libLLVMTransforms.a
>
> To verify, try this command:
>
> llvm-config --obj-root
> llvm-config --libfiles
>
> These should print full path names to your obj-root directory and your
> libraries. If not, something went wrong with the construction of
> llvm-config. In that case, try "make clean" in tools/llvm-config
> followed by "make"
>
> Reid.
>
> Alternatively, perhaps the build of libLLVMTransforms.a failed? Check
> your build log.
>
> To ver
>
>> make[2]: Leaving directory `/d/Apps/llvm/tools/opt'
>> make[1]: *** [opt/.makeall] Error 2
>> make[1]: Leaving directory `/d/Apps/llvm/tools'
>> make: *** [all] Error 1

After launching Msys and setting my path to include llvm/bin I tried to run
llvm-config but apparently that is not on my path since it's in the
directory llvm/release/bin

doing make clean followed by make in tools/llvm-config ends up failing at
the same place.
So I went back to the llvm directory ran ./configure again (I can't remember
if I ran this the first time.) and then did
make clean
followed by
make

I now fail at yet another place, I'm not even sure if this is before or
after the last failure

llvm[2]: ======= Finished Linking Release Executable BFtoLLVM (without
symbols)
make[2]: Leaving directory `/d/Apps/llvm/examples/BFtoLLVM'
make[2]: Entering directory `/d/Apps/llvm/examples/ParallelJIT'
llvm[2]: Compiling ParallelJIT.cpp for Release build
ParallelJIT.cpp:20:21: pthread.h: No such file or directory
ParallelJIT.cpp:212: error: `pthread_cond_t' does not name a type
ParallelJIT.cpp:212: error: extra semicolon
ParallelJIT.cpp:213: error: `pthread_mutex_t' does not name a type
ParallelJIT.cpp:213: error: extra semicolon
.... lots more errors

pthread.h does not exist anywhere in the llvm directory so it must assume
that it's a system file.

Well after some google searches I found this site
http://www.gnunet.org/hacking_win32_build.php3

They had some links to a windows version of pthread released under an LGPL
license.  Following their instructions, I installed the library, include
files and a .dll file into the mingw directories.  This  permitted the build
to finish!  Now I'll have to test it I suppose.

Thanks for the help.