[LLVMdev] moving to svn?

Reid Spencer rspencer at reidspencer.com
Mon Nov 27 11:58:15 PST 2006

Rafael,

On Mon, 2006-11-27 at 16:05 -0300, Rafael EspĂ­ndola wrote:
> Just wondering: Is there any plan to move to svn? I would love to have
> a diff command that works when I am offline :-)

Its been discussed from time to time. I would like to see this as well,
but for an additional reasons: simpler branch management and faster
updates, etc. SVN handles directories better and merging head to/from a
branch is much easier (no tagging required because it remembers the
merges).

Unfortunately, this is a pretty big change. The main issues are:
1. retention of original log
2. converting the post-commit scripts
3. Subversion isn't fully distributed and if we're going to change, is
SVN really the
   best choice?

Reid.