[LLVMdev] Byte code portability (was Re: libstdc++ as bytecode, and compiling C++ to C)

Anton Korobeynikov asl at math.spbu.ru
Thu Nov 23 13:37:05 PST 2006

Hello Philipp,

> Does that mean that I will have to configure llvm as a cross-compiler
> even when using the C backend?
Not llvm, but llvm-gcc only. I've successfully used llvm-gcc for
crosscompiling with host=linux and target=mingw32 platform.

So, you have just to supply host, build and target triples to llvm-gcc
configure and be also sure, that configure will find target headers,
libraries and binutils (e.g. for mingw32 I'm copying mingw32 runtime,
cross-binutils & libraries to build directory).

--
WBR, Anton Korobeynikov