[LLVMdev] Registering '-march=' option for LLC

Seung Jae Lee lee225 at uiuc.edu
Fri Nov 17 16:50:02 PST 2006

Thank you for replying to me.
As you recommended, I modified configure.ac in autoconf folder. But I’m not sure about how to regenerate configure. Sorry…
I tried to follow the way introduced in README.TXT in the autoconf folder. It asks me to run autoupdate on all the m4 and configure.ac. And then it asks me to regenerate configure script with AutoRegen.sh. However, when I did that, I got an error like this:
Your libtool was not detected as being 1.5.10
I think it's because library does not seem to be linked with my tool.
Would you mind helping me again to resolve this problem?
Thank you very much.

Seung Jae Lee

>>While making my code for LLVM backend, I'd indeed like to
>>convert HLL to the text assembly code for my new
>>architecture.
>>I registered my target through
>>RegisterTarget<XccTargetMachine> X("xcc", "XCC");
>>in XccTargetMachine.cpp.

Your response:
Make sure that the library is being linked into your tool.  This requires adding code to llvm/autoconf/configure.ac (search for TARGETS_TO_BUILD, add yours).  Then regenerate configure, then rerun configure, then rebuild llc.