[LLVMdev] dump profiling data

Nico Moser moser at cs.tu-berlin.de
Fri Nov 17 00:19:16 PST 2006

Hi,

On Nov 1, 2006, at 7:31 PM, Chris Lattner wrote:

> On Wed, 1 Nov 2006, Nico Moser wrote:
>> sorry but I can't found where the profiling data (llvmprof.out[?]) is
>> generated. Perhaps soembody has a hint for me?
>
> Take a look at how the llvm/utils/profile.pl script works.

In this script the lli command get the load-argument "somewhere/
profile_rt.so". But this library isn't build if I use llvm-gcc 4 for
the frontend. My question: Which library do I have to load instead of
profile_rt.so?
At the moment I only want to test with the given passes
(block,edge,function), so I have no own library.

$opt -q -f -insert-block-profiling test.bc -o test.bc.inst
$lli -fake-argv0 'test.bc' test.bc.inst -load=???

Thanks
Nico