[LLVMdev] A question about getElementPtr

Robert Mykland robert at ascenium.com
Tue Nov 7 14:56:32 PST 2006

I'm busy writing the code that translates the LLVM construct
GetElementPtr into my virtual circuit representation.  Since
GetElementPtr handles structures, I can end up at the end with a pointer
to some literal type, and know the literal type, but not know the
pointer type of what I have, at least not explicitly from the bytecode.

This has made me think I have to massage my context table so that
literal types can find their pointer types just so I can properly put
this resulting pointer into the correct type/value slot.

Am I missing something here?  Sure would be nice if the resulting type
were explicit in the instruction.

Cheers,

-- Robert.