[LLVMdev] Convert C++ to C. What is 0x0p+0 ?

Mohd-Hanafiah Abdullah napi at axiomsol.com
Sun Nov 5 20:17:16 PST 2006

On Sun, 2006-11-05 at 19:06 -0800, Reid Spencer wrote:
> As for the __main function, its a gcc library call required by the
> compiler for program startup.  The details vary but the call is needed.
> Amongst other things it will probably initialize your C++ static
> constructors.

Hi Reid:

I'm not using gcc for this purpose but another C compiler called AMPC.
It compiles C code into Java Bytecode.  What I'm missing is the C++ to
JVM portion which I'm trying to use LLVM for converting C++ to C then
pass it through AMPC to get the Java Bytecode.

One question is does the resulting C code produced by llc will call C++
functions/methods still?  It would be good if only C library functions
are called since I already have the standard C library compiled by AMPC
in the bytecode format.

Thanks.

Napi