[LLVMdev] cannot find gccas

John T. Criswell criswell at uiuc.edu
Fri May 19 07:33:41 PDT 2006

gejuan wrote:

>I have installed the llvm-gcc , and there is no error during the
>installtion.I also have compiled the llvm successfully.But when I use this
>command
>$ llvm-gcc hello.c -o hello
>something wrong has happened,and this is the error information:
>llvm-gcc: installation problem, cannot exec `gccas': No such file or
>directory.

The problem is that gccas (which you built when you compiled LLVM) is
not in your $PATH.

Simply modify your PATH environment variable so that it includes the
directory containing gccas.  This should be
<LLVM_OBJ_ROOT>Debug/bin/gccas, where you replace LLVM_OBJ_ROOT with the
location of where you built LLVM.

For more info, please see the Getting Started Guide:
http://http://llvm.org/docs/GettingStarted.html and
llvm.org/docs/GettingStarted.html#objfiles

-- John T.