[LLVMdev] Still Trying to Build on MINGW

Greg Pettyjohn gregp at ccs.neu.edu
Sat May 6 11:24:16 PDT 2006

1. I got the tools to build. Yay!
2. I got past all the annoying trouble with not finding header files. Yay!

Now I'm having problems with this:

  llvm-ar  rc ./libgcc.a libgcc/./_muldi3.o <and-lots-more-.o-files...>
  C:\msys\1.0\home\llvm_home\install\bin\llvm-ar.exe: <invalid>: path is not valid

I'm investigating this with the debugger and so far I've learned that
'<invalid>' seems to be the default constructor for some kind of path
object. I don't know why it's crapping out:
1. I expect it to *create* libgcc.a, so it shouldn't die because it can't
find that.
2. All the *.o files are present and accounted for.

If anyone has any insight I'd love to hear it.

Meanwhile, I'll continue to investigate...

Thanks.