[LLVMdev] Intel vs. AT&T Assembly.

Jeff Cohen jeffc at jolt-lang.org
Mon May 1 20:28:30 PDT 2006

Ok, less talk and more action.  I just implemented proper Microsoft
ML/MASM support.  It probably has a few rough edges, so if anyone wants
to try it out please do and let me know if you encounter any problems.

Note that you cannot take a bytecode file created by llvm-gcc on Unix,
move it to Windows, translate it to Intel syntax assembler, assemble it
with ML and expect it to work.  You'll get an object file, but it won't
link.  It used to work, but something changed to make the C runtime
libraries incompatible.  lli cannot run the bytecode file either for the
same reason, nor will using CBE work anymore either.

But for those of us writing our own front ends, this isn't a problem.