[LLVMdev] PR723: Default To Optimized Build

Eric van Riet Paap eric at vanrietpaap.nl
Mon Mar 27 12:58:27 PST 2006

On Mar 27, 2006, at 10:14 PM, Chris Lattner wrote:
<snip>

> Users almost ALWAYS use releases.
> Developers almost ALWAYS use CVS.
>
> Also, developers configure a lot more often than users ;)

Indeed and maybe the picture is changing anyway. When starting to use
LLVM in PyPy there were quiet a few bugs that we came across but it
hardly ever happens these days that LLVM dies on me. I do however
advice people to always use LLVM CVS because up until now performance
made a big difference. That too might not be a big issue anymore
after llvm 1.7 is out. (I am starting to rely features such as llvm-
config being available).

 >>> Eric