[LLVMdev] Re: Re: Re: New GCC4-based C/C++/ObjC front-end for LLVM

Chris Lattner sabre at nondot.org
Tue Mar 14 18:27:16 PST 2006

>> Sorry for the delay, please try this tarball:
>> http://nondot.org/sabre/2006-03-02-llvm-gcc-4.tar.gz
>
> There's some confusion with --enable-llvm configure parameter. I've built
> LLVM to a separate build dir. The source is ~ghost/Work/llvm-cvs and build
> dir is /space/p2/ghost/build/llvm-cvs

> So, it seems like, at the same time:
>
> 1. buildir != srcdir is not supported when building frontend
> 2. building the frontend against installed LLVM does not work either.

Correct.  I currently only build the front-end against a built, but not
installed, LLVM tree with srcdir = objdir.  If you would like to tackle
this problem and propose a patch, I would be happy to apply it, but I have
other projects to work on now :)

> Then, I'm faced with yet another problem, sorry! The problem is:
>
> incompatible pointer type
> Invalid operand found in inline asm: 'call      .LPR0
> This time, I don't even understand what I'm told. Note that cc1plus is
> already built by the time this error is emitted.
> Can you suggest something?

Here's a new snapshot of the front-end:
http://nondot.org/sabre/2006-03-14-llvm-gcc-4.tar.gz

This:

1. Fixes the inline asm problem you have above.
2. Includes patches to make it better on Alpha's (thanks to patches by
    Andrew Lenharth).
3. Sync's it up with debug info changes in LLVM CVS (by Jim Laskey).
4. Has initial support for target-specific intrinsics, through
    Intrinsics.td.

Please give it a try and let me know if it works any better for you!

-Chris

--
http://nondot.org/sabre/
http://llvm.org/