Fwd: [LLVMdev] cross-compiling with llvm

Robert L. Bocchino Jr. bocchino at uiuc.edu
Thu Mar 9 13:47:15 PST 2006

> Building llvm-gcc as a cross compiler is tricky and not
> documented.  I'm away from Urbana right now, but when I get back
> tomorrow I'll take a look at what I did for MIPS and see if I can
> reconstruct it for you.

Hi,

It looks like I ran the llvm-gcc configure script with the following
options, where $(INSTALLDIR) is the directory I built into:

configure --prefix=$(INSTALLDIR) --disable-threads --disable-nls --
disable-shared --enable-languages=c,c++ --program-prefix=llvm- --
target=mipseb-linux --with-sysroot=$(INSTALLDIR)

You will probably want to say --target=powerpc.

I hope this helps.

Rob

Robert L. Bocchino Jr.
Ph.D. Student, Computer Science