[LLVMdev] llvm-java state

Kyle Wilkinson kdwilkin at uiuc.edu
Thu Mar 2 02:42:32 PST 2006

Hi,

This question is mostly addressed at Alkis, as I understand that he
last worked on llvm-java and I saw him reply to another thread
recently :-)

When I try and run class2llvm I get a bus error because function_ in
VMMethod points to 0x8.
I think the problem lies in how I am using class2llvm.  When I read
through the Debug output, I see that class2llvm is trying to compile
all of the files distributed in the gnuclasspath, ~2500 classes. I
can't imagine a Hello World program needing all of those classes.

Here is how I am using class2llvm currently:

// In test/Regression/ClassFile
jikes -cp /usr/local/share/classpath Hello.java
class2llvm -cp /usr/local/share/classpath:. Hello

Am I doing something wrong or using the tool improperly?  I thought I
would make sure I'm not doing something really stupid before I try
and debug this error.

Do you happen to remember the state of the source code before you
left? After I get past this hurdle, I am planning on implementing
synchronization and Prof. Adve thought that synchronization and
exceptions were about the only things missing, but any advice or
thoughts on that would be welcome.

Thanks,

Kyle Wilkinson