[LLVMdev] Build problem, in com.h

James Supancic arrummzen at gmail.com
Fri Jun 16 03:44:38 PDT 2006

I am having some trouble getting llvm to build.
I found some strange stuff going on in gcc/f/com.*

In com.h I find
ffeinfoKindType ffecom_gfrt_basictype ( ffecomGfrt ix);
yet, in com.c I see
ffeinfoBasicType ffecom_gfrt_basictype ( ffecomGfrt gfrt)

I tried changing the line in com.h to
ffeinfoBasicType ffecom_gfrt_basictype ( ffecomGfrt ix);

and then doing make clean && make
but I got a horde of link errors.

In desperation I attempted the other obvious solution to the error....
I undid the change to com.h and changed the line in com.c to
ffeinfoKindtype ffecom_gfrt_basictype ( ffecomGfrt gfrt)

This leads to more link errors. The errors appear to be the same as those I
got before. Therefor I think the link errors are unrelated to the problems
in com.*

What is the proper definition of ffecom_gfrt_basictype?

Is this a mistake, or is something wrong with my build system?

http://llvm.org/docs/CFEBuildInstrs.html
tells me to do
make tools-only
(gmake=make on my host), but when I attempt to do so I receive an error
informing me that the target tools-only does not exist, the above problems
occur with a simple "make". Did someone update the Makefile but not the
documentation, did I download a corrupt version of cfrontend, is my "make"
broken, or something else entirely?

Thank you for your time,
James Supancic