[LLVMdev] llvm-gcc 4.0 for Linux at x86

John Trimble trimblej at gmail.com
Tue Jun 6 19:17:07 PDT 2006

Hmm, today I just tried compiling the llvm-gcc 4.0 frontend again on linux
(Fedora Core 3 I believe) and I seem to be suddenly having the problem that
Yossi Kreinin mentioned. The frontend seems to be using normal gcc to
compile as I no longer get a bytecode file after compilation. When I pass
the --version argument it claims to be the LLVM 4.0.1 frontend. Any ideas
what might cause this? It was working just fine before, I don't know what I
did differently last time I compiled it.

- John

On 6/5/06, Rafael EspĂ­ndola <rafael.espindola at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 6/3/06, Reid Spencer <reid at x10sys.com> wrote:
> > I don't think anyone has successfully built llvm-gcc4 on Linux yet. I've
> > tried and failed.
> I have :-)
> There was some patches, but I believe that they were all merged in the
> latest snapshot.
>
> Rafael

John Trimble
Research Assistant