[LLVMdev] llvm-gcc 4.0 for Linux at x86

John Trimble trimblej at gmail.com
Sat Jun 3 11:34:09 PDT 2006

As far as I'm aware the gcc 4.0 frontend is currently only supported on
Darwin/OSX. Having said that, people have managed to get it to run on linux.
If you look at this post in the mailing list archives
http://lists.cs.uiuc.edu/pipermail/llvmdev/2006-April/005642.html it
describes how to compile the frontend on linux. I hope that helps.

- John

On 6/3/06, Yossi Kreinin <yossi.kreinin at mobileye.com> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Apparently there are no precompiled binaries for llvm-gcc 4.0 for Linux.
>
> I've tried downloading the sources and building according to
> http://llvm.org/docs/CFEBuildInstrs.html (except I'm not an elite gcc
> hacker). I tried following the guidelines and got what looks like a gcc for
> x86 with no traces of LLVM. I tried passing --enable-llvm with various llvm
> root pathnames
> and got ICEs.
>
> Is it possible to download llvm-gcc 4.0 binaries for Linux? If it isn't,
> is there something new one should know in order to build them that didn't
> make it into the documentation?
>
> Thanks in advance!
> -- Yossi

John Trimble