[LLVMdev] Correctness of Optimization Phases

Chris Lattner sabre at nondot.org
Tue Jul 18 16:56:51 PDT 2006

On Tue, 18 Jul 2006, [UTF-8] Rafael Esp?ndola wrote:
>> From a practical point of view, I think that the original question was:
>
> Are the different optimizations "expected" to work in any order or do
> they have some inter dependencies?
> (I don't know the answer)

There are some interdependencies, which they self enforce.

To put it another way any list of optimizations specified to 'opt' is
expected to produce good code and not crash, if you stick to supported
optimizations (e.g. those run by gccas or gccld).

-Chris

--
http://nondot.org/sabre/
http://llvm.org/